Friday, August 29, 2008

an ungodly experience

so we brought the boy to church with us last sunday (i know i'm a little behind...) and he was an angel.  he sat quietly through the entire message.  that's when it hit us.  

"do you smell that?" 

"yea...  what is it?"

"it's our kid."

"wow"

wow was right...  so i took jack into the back of the room to assess the damage.  it was like armageddon in his pants.  total blow-out.  as i am marveling at the scene my beautiful son has created, i begin to feel something...  

"geez...  is there a leak in the roof?  why am i wet right now?"

oh yes, my friends.  you know why, don't you?  as if the diaper wasn't enough, jack crash was finishing the job...  all over me.  my shirt.  my arm.  my neck and face.  and remember, i was at church.  i tried to salvage what little dignity i had left by "cleaning up" with some baby wipes and hand sanitizer, and went on with my day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... little boys, they're fun aren't they...

Anonymous said...

Sam,

You guys have to read this post, from a great writer, on a similar experience:

http://jenellparis.blogspot.com/2008/08/terrible-tale-for-real-this-is-how-it.html

Enjoy!

Lee and Keira

The Tiny Team said...

hahahahahahaha, poop face!

love it