Wednesday, August 20, 2008

introducing jack crash spelts




the story:

matt and i showed up to the hospital bright and early monday morning at 5:30 after ensuring pepe we would be back (he was a little worried).  the nurses started me on pitocin at 6:30 and my sporadic contractions became more consistent (3-4 minutes apart) and stronger.  the doctor came in at 8am and broke my water.  that's when things really started to get rolling!  by 1, my contractions were 1 minute apart, 30-45 seconds long and totally intense!  the nurse came in to check me and let me know i was dilated to 3cm.  i let her know we needed an epidural - stat.  the glorious epidural came at 1pm and by 3:30, was dilated to 8cm and completely effaced.  matt started calling people to tell them they might want to come on down.  finally, at 6:09pm after about 4 good pushes, jack crash spelts came into the world with a head of hair and a set of pipes (gramma suzy and auntie amy tell me they could hear him from down the hall)!  7lbs. 13oz. and 19 inches long!

we are so blessed and excited to have our perfect little guy out in the world with us!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby boy! I have been watching and waiting his arrival! You both are going to make awesome parents! Welcome Jack, I am so glad you are here :o) Mrs. R

Our new addition said...

Oh my gosh, he's sooo adorable! Welcome to the world, little man. Congrats Mommy and daddy!

The Tiny Team said...

look at him lovin being with his mama.