Thursday, August 7, 2008

babies r us rant


attention all:  do not shop at babies r us, especially online.  they are incompetent morons who can't do their jobs correctly to save their lives.  here is my story:

my dad (hi papa) ordered a beautiful dresser for jack online from babies r us (b.r.u.)  it arrived and when we went to put it together, one of the sides of the dresser had a huge crack in it.  not from shipping either.  some genius cracked the wood straight down the side when they hammered a wooden dowel into it.  so it was cracked BEFORE they sent it to me!  so i call them up and say 

"this is damaged, fix it" 

and they tell me that they will send someone to my house to pick it up for return.  they send someone to my dad's house.  i call and tell them 

"you went to the wrong house" 

and they send someone to my house.  except no one shows up to my house.  apparently, you have to have the package sitting on your front porch waiting for them because they only do drive by's and if the package isn't there you're s.o.l.  whatever.  i called and fixed THAT issue and they will be sending someone back to my house where i should have the 80lb. package sitting on my front doorstep between the hours of 9 and 5 on regular business days until they pick it up.

NEXT.  while opening previously mentioned damaged package, i realized that i had messed up and we ordered the wrong style dresser in the first place.  that was my mistake.  so i call up b.r.u. online and ask to order the correct dresser.  

"i'm sorry" they say "that dresser is out of stock until the end of august" 

boo.  so i find the dresser from another online spot and order it myself because they will give me free next day shipping.  sweet, right?  the "other" place calls the next day and tells me that the dresser is out of stock there too and will not ship until august 19th.  okay.  i'm just gonna hang out until it comes then.  a couple days later i get an email from b.r.u.  

"guess what?!  the dresser you want came in!  but you'd better order it fast because we don't know how long this will last" 

oh shoot!  so i email the "other" place 

"cancel my order!" 

and i call b.r.u. "gimme that dresser!" 

and i think all is well.  (remember that i've now ordered two $300 dressers)  the next day i get an email from the "other" place.  

"sorry!  we can't cancel your order.  it came in and guess what - we already shipped it to you."  

so i call b.r.u. "cancel my order!" 

 "ohhhhhhh sorry" they say "that order is already on the loading dock.  we can't cancel it but when it arrives at your house you can pay the shipping costs to send it back and THEN we will refund your money"  

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!  so now i have two dressers coming to join the broken one at my house.

next day i get the dresser from the "other" place.  i put it together (thanks moo!).  it's beautiful.  great.  meanwhile, i begin tracking my order from b.r.u.  as of monday, the dresser was in san diego waiting to be delivered to my house.  so wed. night i'm getting ready to go to see "phantom!" (awesome!  thanks melissa plus!) and i decide to check up on the status of this damn dresser from b.r.u.  what?  what's that?  it says that they've left it on my doorstep tuesday night.  it's been delivered.  so i walk outside and look around because surely i would notice an 80 LB. BOX SITTING IN FRONT OF MY #$@!ing FRONT DOOR!  right?!  guess what?!  no box.  $#%!  so this morning i call up b.r.u.  

"hi.  where is my dresser?  i don't even want it.  i tried to cancel this order.  but now you say it's been delivered to my house and it's not here.  i don't want to pay for something i didn't get or be responsible for it not being delivered." 

 "hmmmmm..." they say "well it should be there.  but if you say it's not, then you can file a claim request to find out what really happened.  it's going to take 7-14 business days.  if fedex messed up we will refund your money, but if they say they delivered it, then you'll have to take this up with your credit card company."  

i'll kill you b.r.u.

in short, (too late, i know)  do not shop babies r us online.  you will regret it and rue the day you ever stumbled across them.  look in the store all you want.  browse the pretty pictures on their website.  but please go to another vendor for your purchases.  i hope they go out of business and have to eat their back stock to survive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to mention, a large number of their cribs have recently been recalled...

The Tiny Team said...

no, I will kill you b.r.u.