Monday, May 5, 2008

¡happy cinco de mayo!

we're coming up on 24 weeks here in a couple days...  it's so weird to say that i'm about 6 months pregnant.  jack's into it though.  we've really started to feel him moving around in there.  matt finally felt him kick the other night.  jack had been messing around, kicking me for a little while, and when i got matt to come over, he stopped.  so matt gave my belly a couple jabbers and then walked away... i kid you not - i watched a small bump pop up on my stomach!  jack was probably cursing us both... "leave me alone!"  =)  i yelled and matt came running back just in time to feel a nice little punch.  it was a great time.  =)  

i tell you what's not so great...  heartburn.  holy moly.  i feel so bad for anyone who has chronic heartburn.  i've never had it before and for those of you in the same boat i will describe what i felt last night for about 1 1/2 hours.  imagine you've been stabbed in the chest and then the person wiggled the knife around to make a huge hole.  then they pour gasoline inside the hole.  and then they light it up with a flamethrower.  repeat.  oh god make it stop.   and guess what started it all.  one orange wedge.  that's right.  roughly 1/4 of an orange.  oh god make it stop.  don't worry.  tums is my new bestie.  =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hearburn is the worst thing ever!! I even had it during labor, but as soon as he was born just like magic it stopped and I haven't had it again since. I lived on Tums too, they're a lifesaver!!!